I have been bragging about this flatbread pizza for a while now, showing you sneak peaks here and there on instagram. I never gatekeep, you know that, I just absolutely needed to make sure that its delicious. and guess what? IT IS!
I first tasted a BBQ flatbread pizza when we were in Brainerd, Minnesota and oh my goodness it was so good. I tried to remember what was on it and I feel like its pretty close! Making the dough as always is my favorite part, nothing comes in handier than our dough whisk for the beginning process of making dough!
The actual dough for this is delicious with the added seasonings its soo good!
Couple of things:
You can use any bbq sauce you have. We used Sweet Baby Rays, and it’s fantastic every time I’ve had it. Recently we have used other BBQ sauce it was was great so you really can do whatever you like for BBQ sauce! As for the hot honey BBQ sauce it is easily adjustable to your liking if you want it hotter add more spice!
Recently we had these on some stoneware on a smoker, and it was so delicious! If you have a smoker you should definitely try it!
Hot honey BBQ chicken flatbread
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder optional
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp softened butter
- 1 cup chicken
- 1-2 cups mozzarella
- red onion
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce (I've been using sweet baby rays)
hot honey bbq
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- mix your warm water, (a dot of honey) and yeast and let it bloom.
- in a bowl mix flour, butter, honey, salt, and seasonings, add bloomed yeast and knead dough well. (I do this in a bowl for about 3-4 minutes) Let it rise for an hour.
- Once risen flatten out about 1/4 inch thick on a pan or stoneware (sometimes I cut dough and half and make two separate pizzas.
- pre heat oven to 400 degrees
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- take out of oven and spread bbq sauce and toppings on top.
- Mix your hot honey together and drizzle over toppings and bake for another 7-10 minutes or until cheeze is melted and it looks nicely cooked.
- (after I take it out I spread fresh cilantro on top but you're more than welcome to bake it with the other ingredients.)
- Serve with good conversations and your favorite drink!