This was a made up meal last second, I posted a video on the gram and tons of people were asking for the recipe.
I use to do tons of recipe cards on instagram that people could screen shot but they often get lost in my highlights and well to be frank, this is why I started the blog!
Couple of things:
I used diced tomatoes, you very easily could switch that out with cherry tomatoes. Which would taste great!
The cayenne I this recipe can go by taste, I did a minimal amount since my kiddos eat this too, but I LOVE a spicey mean so you could totally do more cayenne that I say in the recipe.
Here’s the recipe let me know if you make it!
- 1 package penne
- 1 package kielsbasa
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup graded parmesan (fresh makes a world of a difference!)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Boil water and cook penne.
- Slice kielbasa into little slices about 1/4 inch thick (or to preference) and place on meadium heat in skillet, fry them for about 3 minutes.
- remove kielbasa from skillet and add diced tomatoes, and spinach, and cook until spinach is cooked down a bit
- add heavy cream, and seasonings and bring to a low simmer
- add parmesan and let it simmer and melt in
- add the kielbasa to the skillet .
- Pour over cooked penne noodles!